Whether you’re new to physio or a seasoned veteran, here’s what you can expect from a Physiotherapy appointment at All for One…
- Starting on time – We do our very best to keep everything running to schedule for you. To help us with this, please ensure you arrive with enough time to check in with our lovely front desk staff, fill out some paperwork on your first visit, change clothes if necessary, and help yourself to a tea and snack in the lobby if you please!
- Listening to your needs – Physiotherapists get a lot of useful information from a “subjective assessment,” aka listening to what you say. This will give us an idea of what is going on and how we can help you. Your physio will ask you to explain what’s happening and prompt you with questions if needed. They will likely ask you about any activities/tasks you may be having difficulty with, any pain you are experiencing, as well as your general health and any other factors that could influence this.
- Looking at how you move – With an astute attention to detail, physiotherapists are trained to analyse how people move. They do so by looking at your gait (walking), the way you perform everyday tasks, and by performing physical testing to assess for injury and gauge your strength, flexibility, and sensation. Physiotherapists can test the integrity of ligaments, the movement of joints and the strength of muscles amongst other things to confirm exactly what the issue is and what treatment is needed. Findings from a subjective and physical examination will guide your physiotherapy treatment plan.
- Goal setting – In order for you to get the most out of physiotherapy, we need to understand what matters most to you. Physiotherapists have training in setting goals and will collaborate with you to provide treatment that meets your needs.
- Treatment – Using information from the assessment, physios will deliver treatments to help you achieve your goals. At All for One, we believe in using movement as medicine and will always incorporate a form of targeted exercise into your treatment plan, along with advice and education to empower you to manage your condition. Depending on your situation, treatments may also include manual therapy or dry needling to modulate pain, taping or bracing to support a joint, and advice about lifestyle factors that could impact your recovery.
- A chance to ask questions – Our physiotherapists are here for you, and feel the more you know about your health, the better you can manage it. Feel free to use your time with your physio to ask any questions you might have (there’s no such thing as a stupid question!)
- Progress – Your physiotherapy plan will include follow-up sessions to help you progress towards your goals. Your plan will vary depending on your needs, however, all of our physiotherapy plans will aim to support you as you move forward towards your goals until you feel 100%. Whether that be to manage your pain, ….
- Physiotherapy for everyone – At All for One, we offer 1:1 physiotherapy sessions for everyone, and our physios are highly qualified to help people with chronic pain, acute injuries, pre/post-operative rehabilitation, antenatal women, and those looking to improve their health and fitness. Give us a call if you would like to book in with one of our qualified physiotherapists today – (03) 8319 9945.